How to Enroll/Get an Aadhaar Card?
Aadhaar card is an initiative by Central Government to give an Identity to every individual in the nation. Aadhaar will ensure increased trust between public and private agencies and residents. So basically a Single ID card for all purposes.
So how do you Enroll for Aadhaar Card if not already done. Here are few steps you have to follow :
- Firstly remember that it is Free.
- Locate the nearest authorized Aadhaar center here: http://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
- Carry a Common proofs of identity and address like a election photo ID card, Ration card, passport or driving license. Detailed list can be seen here:http://thehyd.blogspot.in/2012/12/what-are-identityaddress-proof-required.html
- In case you do not have above common proofs, Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead is also accepted as PoI. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA /Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead or by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) is accepted as valid PoA.
- Even if someone in a family does not have individual valid documents, the resident can still enrol if his/her name exists in family entitlement document. In this case the Head of Family in entitlement document needs to be enrolled first with valid PoI & PoA document. The head of the household can then introduce other members in the family while they are enrolling. UIDAI accepts 8 document types as Proof of Relationship. Detailed list for Proof of Relationship can be seen here :http://thehyd.blogspot.in/2012/12/what-are-identityaddress-proof-required.html
- Where there are no documents available, resident may also take the help of Introducer's available at the enrollment center. The Introducer's are notified by the Registrar. For further details please contact office of the concerned Registrar.
- At the enrollment center, please fill your personal details within the form. Your photo, finger-prints and iris scan will also be taken as a part of the enrollment. You can review the details you have provided and make corrections during enrollment itself. You will get an acknowledgment slip with an temporary enrollment number and other details captured during enrollment.
- Based on your information provided, your details will be verified centrally. If your application is successful, an Aadhaar number will be generated and mailed to your address.
- The waiting time for Aadhaar may vary from 60-90 days after receipt of resident data.