How to claim under Apathbandhu Scheme? www.meeseva.gov.in
Apathbandhu Scheme to implement accident insurance scheme for the below poverty line families in Andhra Pradesh to provide insurance coverage in case of accidental deaths in the policy year. The citizen can apply for the above at the nearest eSEVA centres identified for their respective mandals.
The citizen has to pay Rs. 30 / - at the eSEVA Centre at the time of applying for the Apathbandhu.
The Nature of deaths covered under ApathBandhu Scheme shall be as follows:
- Deaths resulting from breakdown of Law and Order/Riots and acts of the State in the restoration of Law and Order, excluding deaths arising out of faction fights.
- Deaths of passengers in accident caused or resulting from operation of passenger carrying vehicles owned/hired by A.P.S.R.T.C., or deaths caused or resulting from operation of any other vehicles including deaths of pedestrians caused by all such vehicles.
- Deaths resulting from accident to water borne vessels such as boats etc., while they are plying.
- Deaths on account of floods, cyclones, storms, thunderbolts, inundation etc.
- Deaths on account of collapse of building/bridges.
- Deaths on account of fire accidents.
- Deaths on account of electrocution.
- Deaths on account of extremist violence.
- Deaths resulting from attacks/atrocities against SCs/STs.
- Murder and death of women on account of rape, molestation etc.
- Deaths on account of earthquakes.
- The Toddy Tappers, who die due to accidental fall, are covered under ' "Apathbandhu" scheme, as it is an accidental death. If the case is covered under the Excise Department Insurance Scheme, then it will not be considered under "Apathbandhu"
- People, who die due to drowning, also are covered under 'Apathbandhu' scheme, as it is an accidental death.
- Death due to Rabies/Dog bite is also covered under 'Apathbandhu' scheme subject to the condition that the Dog bite has taken place during the policy period and the death of the person has occurred within 12 months of the Dog bite and subject to post-mortem report.
- Death due to Snake bite or due to attack by wild animals is also covered under 'Apathbandhu' scheme, as these are accidents, subject to post-mortem report or Medical Certificate from the Doctor not below the rank of Assistant Civil Surgeon.
- Any other accidental deaths, not specifically excluded.
Download Here : Apathbandu Application Form